All masks are the same size, but you can choose a different length of the elastic strap. Standard size fits me, and I wear a M or SM size helmet.
It is important to wash this mask right when you get it, before you use it or try it on. You also need to wash it between uses. For this reason, it might be a good idea to have more than one on hand.
Do not machine wash. Wash gently by hand with soap and hang to dry.
- All masks are made from 2 layers of the recommended cotton fabric underneath the shiny fabric layer.
- Elastic type may vary due to availability.
- Standard elastic is designed to fit around your head. Please note in your order if you prefer the elastic to fit around each ear instead.
- Wash your mask thoroughly before use and between uses!
Information on the efficacy of masks
Experts are now saying it might actually help flatten the curve if more people started to do this. Two reasons for this are:
- New research is showing that there are an even larger percent of people who are infected but asymptomatic than previously thought. These people are likely one reason for the fast spread of the virus. If everyone, including those who feel healthy, wears a mask in public, we can help prevent the spread of the virus as we talk, cough, sneeze, and breathe.
- Wearing a mask actually acts as a great reminder not to touch your face!
I don't pretend to be an expert in this topic, and I suggest you do your own research and talk to your healthcare provider to make the best decisions when it comes to your health. If you're interested in learning more about what experts are saying about mask use, I would suggest starting by watching this video from the Wall Street Journal and Jeremy Howard, a research scientist at the University of San Francisco.
I wanted to create an affordable, fun mask for you to keep yourself and others safe while in public spaces. During this unprecedented and frightening time, I'm finding solace in doing things that contribute to the overall good of the world and my community, being creative, and doing things that allow me to feel some measure of control over my uncertain life. This is why I've decided to add this item to the snø cät store. I will admit, it's a little scary to see people walking around the grocery store wearing a mask, so I wanted to make them in fun prints. Let's add some joy to our lives!
I am now donating $1 for each mask sold. I have chosen to donate to Direct Relief and the Emergency Relief Tahoe/Truckee COVID-19 fund. All local Truckee/Tahoe sales will contribute towards the Emergency Relief Tahoe/Truckee COVID-19 fund, all other sales will contribute to Direct Relief.
Until May 17th, I was creating one mask for each sold. This has allowed me to donate over 500 masks!