All masks are the same size, but you can choose a different length of the elastic strap. Standard size fits me, and I wear a M or SM size helmet.
It is important to wash this mask right when you get it, before you use it or try it on. You also need to wash it between uses. For this reason, it's a good idea to have more than one on hand. For optimal longevity, handwash with soap and warm water and hang to dry.
- All masks are made from 2 layers of the recommended cotton fabric. (Sparkly masks are made of 3 layers of fabric. One shiny layer with two cotton layers underneath.)
- Elastic type may vary due to availability.
- Standard elastic is designed to fit around each ear. Please include in your order notes if you'd llike the elastic to go around the head.
- Wash your mask thoroughly before use and between uses!
Information on the efficacy of masks
According to the Center for Disease Control website:
CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people.
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Masks should be worn by people two years and older
- Masks should NOT be worn by children younger than two, people who have trouble breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask without assistance
- Do NOT wear masks intended for healthcare workers, for example, N95 respirators
- CDC does not recommend the use of face shields alone. Evaluation of face shields is ongoing but effectiveness is unknown at this time.
- Evaluation of mask and gaiter materials and structure is ongoing.
I wanted to create an affordable, fun mask for you to keep yourself and others safe while in public spaces. During this unprecedented and frightening time, I'm finding solace in doing things that contribute to the overall good of the world and my community, being creative, and doing things that allow me to feel some measure of control over my uncertain life. This is why I've decided to add this item to the snø cät store. I will admit, it's a little scary to see people walking around the grocery store wearing a mask, so I wanted to make them in fun prints. Let's add some joy to our lives!